Identity theft is the fastest growing consumer crime in the United States. According to the Federal Trade Commission, approximately 9.3 million individuals are victimized by the crime every year, so it’s no wonder that more and more people are turning to ID theft prevention services to safeguard their identities. But consumers aren’t the only ones at risk. Any size business, whether a giant corporation or a small business, must be vigilant to protect themselves from ID theft.
ID Theft Prevention Service Vs. ID Theft Insurance Vs. Credit Checks:
Identity theft experts agree that using an ID theft prevention service is the most effective way to protect against ID theft, but note that consumers and companies can also take matters into their own hands by using common sense to protect their identities. Some preventative measures include keeping copies of credit card information in a safe place, obtaining their credit reports from the three major credit bureaus once a year, and implementing credit freezes.
Some ID experts also recommend purchasing ID theft insurance, but the benefits of an ID theft prevention service far outweigh the benefits of ID theft insurance. The insurance covers some of the expenses to deal with the aftermath of identity theft, but it does nothing to prevent it. Even the National Association of Insurance Commissioners states that ID theft insurance “cannot protect you from becoming a victim of identity theft and does not cover direct monetary losses incurred as a result of identity theft.”
Instead of insurance, consumers, corporations, and small businesses should invest in an ID theft prevention and recovery service that is proactive and provides comprehensive protection against ID theft. There are many competing identity theft prevention services out there, and not all of them offer the same level of service.
The Most Effective ID Theft Prevention and Recovery Service:
The Identity Advocate has been researching the best of the best services for preventing ID theft and what to do if it happens to you. We believe the most proficient and comprehensive identity theft prevention and recovery service in the marketplace is Entrust America. It is the only ID theft protection company with a 100% track record of recovering stolen identities over the past five years of providing ID theft prevention services to corporations and consumers alike.
One of the most unique things about Entrust America is that the company has a proprietary partnership with law enforcement nationwide. The company’s network of law enforcement professionals recovers identities and ensures clients across the entire United States get back to pre-theft status. As law enforcement professionals they also have the ability to get fast and accurate results that would be nearly impossible for victims to achieve on their own. In addition to providing ID theft protection and recovery services, Entrust America pursues and assists with the prosecution of ID theft perpetrators.
Entrust America’s ID theft prevention services include:
* A 24/7 hotline for members to call if they suspect they have been a victim of ID theft. Most competitors do not offer round-the-clock support. These on-call identity theft specialists quickly determine whether a fraud has occurred and, if so, which of the over 40 different kinds of identity theft have been committed.
* Overnighting an ID Theft Resolution Kit that includes forms to be submitted to the IRS, DMV, Social Security Administration, and the three credit reporting agencies. An identity theft affidavit and forms specific to the type of ID theft are also included.
* Reporting the identity theft to members’ local authorities and creditors, requesting that creditors cancel existing cards and issue new ones, and placing a security freeze on members’ credit records that lasts for seven years. Other ID theft prevention services only place a credit freeze on records for 90 days (if they offer this service at all).
* Contacting members with status updates whenever there is activity on the case, and following-up with creditors to ensure that they properly repair the members’ accounts.
* Recovery specialist who are all law enforcement professionals. They have the time and expertise to immediately launch a full investigation into the identity theft, completely reverse damages, and bring the identity thieves to justice.
* 100% recovery of members’ identity to pre-theft status. No other ID theft prevention and recovery company has a better track record of reducing the likelihood of a member’s identity being compromised. Entrust America gives members total peace of mind.
Find More Id Theft Articles